Did you know that your dryer vent needs to be cleaned on a regular basis? If not, you could be putting your family’s safety at risk. According to the National Fire Protection Agency, or NFPA, clothes dryers and washing machines are involved in an average of 15,970 house structure fires. During the 2010-2014 time period, dust and lint were responsible for 27% of clothes dryer fires, which might have been prevented if they had been properly cleaned by a dryer vent cleaning professional.
In this blog post, we’ll discuss how often you should clean your dryer vent and provide some tips for doing so. Stay safe and keep your home clean by following these simple tips!
Is It Really Necessary To Clean Out My Dryer Vent?
It’s annoying to get your clothing out of the dryer only to discover they’re still damp. If you haven’t cleaned your dryer vent in a while, it might be the reason.
A dryer vent should be cleaned on a regular basis to improve the efficiency of the dryer. Regular dryer vent cleaning aids in the removal of lint and other pollutants that are impeding the drying process.
The most essential step you take when drying your clothes is to clean out the lint trap with each load. By doing this you might help the clothes to dry easier. If you must run the garments through more than one dry cycle, lint accumulation in the dryer vent is likely the cause.
The drying process can take up to five times longer, which means you’ll pay more money! It’s not fair that people have high utility bills just so they may clean their clothes.
When Should You Clean Your Dryer Vent?
So how often should you clean your dryer vent? Experts recommend cleaning your vent every year. Even if you don’t use your dryer very often, lint can build up over time. If you have a lot of people in your household who use the dryer frequently, you may need to clean your vent more often.
The lint trap should be cleaned whenever the dryer is used. If thorough cleaning hasn’t been done in a while, now is the time to add it to your bi-annual cleaning plan.
A dryer vent cleaning should be part of your regular housekeeping. Spring and fall cleaning schedules are ideal for cleaning out the dryer vent, as well as the duct in the back of the unit.
Regular dryer vent cleanings will maintain your dryer in optimal working order and ensure that it operates safely.
What are the benefits of regular dryer vent cleaning?
1. Your dryer will run more efficiently, saving you money on your energy bill.
2. A clean dryer vent also reduces the risk of fire. Lint build-up in the vent is a common cause of house fires.
3. Regular cleaning will also extend the life of your dryer. By removing lint and other debris from the vent, you allow the dryer to run cooler and prevent overworking the motor.
4. Cleaning the dryer vent on a regular basis lowers the required maintenance and increases efficiency. As a result, it is less likely to malfunction or experience a technical problem.
Tips on how to keep your dryer vent clean
1. If you’re using dryer sheets, try switching to a liquid fabric softener instead.
2. Replace the flexible vent pipe with a solid vent pipe.
3. Moving the dryer closer to the exterior wall might help.
4. Allow at least 15 minutes for the dryer to cool between cycles.
Even with these preventative techniques, you should clean your dryer vents at least once a year to remove the dust and debris and avoid blockages! If you don’t want to do it yourself, contact America Air Duct Cleaning for dryer vent cleaning in San Antonio. We’ll make sure your dryer vent is clean and clear so you can avoid any hazards.